An undocumented woman was forcibly removed from a Hospital in Texas, where she was desperately awaiting brain surgery. Her family, who is from New York, fears that she could lose her life at any moment.

Image result for trump deporting mexicans

The family spokeswoman, Melissa Zuniga, told NY Daily News that 26-year-old Sara Beltran-Hernandez was detained in November of 2015 after trying to migrate from El Salvador — where she was threatened with murder by her gang-affiliated family members for being romantically involved with a police officer — to New York, but didn’t have the proper documentation. Ever since, her family has been trying to petition for her asylum, while she has been held at the Prarieland Detention Center in Alvarado, Texas.

Earlier this month, Beltran-Hernandez started to complain of severe headaches, memory loss, nosebleeds, and even collapsed last week. She was eventually taken to a hospital, where the doctors determined her need for surgery, and diagnosed her with a brain tumor.

To make things even worse, the woman was put on the surgery wait list over the weekend, only to be viciously removed after the hospital refused to continue caring for her because her case has grown to be too politicized and their staff are being bombarded with harassing communications from both sides of the situation.

Wednesday evening, Beltran-Hernandez was forcibly removed from the Hugely Hospital in Fort Worth Texas. Zuniga told the paper:

‘They had her tied up from hands and ankles. She was brought in a wheelchair and is not being given treatment even though her nose continues to bleed and she has told them her head is exploding.’

It takes a true coward to find it necessary to tie the hands and feet of a near-death woman who is awaiting brain surgery.

The woman has not been able to speak to her family, in what may very well turn out to be the last days of her life, because of ICE’s policy which prevents detainees who are hospitalized from having limited access to communications.

The last time Beltran-Hernandez was able to speak to a family member was February 19, when she told her mother during a five-minute conversation, that she had been profusely bleeding for days from her nose.

In a desperate attempt to try to save their family member’s life, Zuniga said they’ve tried everything. She told the paper:

‘We’ve tried calling everyone. We’ve called the White House, we tried calling Mayor de Blasio, we tried calling Obama, we’ve tried calling our senators.’

Danielle Bennett, spokeswoman for ICE, a explained why the woman was given limited contact with her family:

‘Requests by family members to visit ICE detainees who have been hospitalized are permitted but must be approved in advance with ICE and the appropriate consulate. ICE is currently reaching out to the family’s attorney to explain the process.’

Bob Lial, leader of “Grassroots Leadership” which is based in Texas where the woman is being detained, said:

‘You are bound to see more cases like this if ICE fulfills the government’s orders and dramatically expands detention. You are bound to see more stories where people have suffered these kinds of medical tragedies in detention.’

This is Trump’s idea of “Make America Great Again,” and it is completely terrifying.


Sharing is caring
News Reporter